Thursday, October 20, 2011

October is Magic...

The No More Excuses theme for October is Magic. So perfect. For the quote page, I used a piece of My Mind's Eye paper from the Meadowlark collection...


I usually do the monthly writing and collages at the beginning of the month, but they got put off since I was on Honeymoon Five. It was fun to do this stuff last night. My October collage spilled over onto the monthly envelope...


and the back of the envelope too...
I will be putting lots of random stuff in the envelope; like receipts, the NME assignment sheet, and anything else I want to keep for future reference.

I got some fun happy mail today! My new journal that I bought for Julie's class...

It's even more beautiful in real life than this picture allows. The linen cover is just gorgeous, and gets my mind going about all the different ways it could be altered. Paint? Stencils? Mist? The watercolor paper on the inside is really thick and has the most scrumptious subtle texture to it! I can't wait to try it out!!!

I also got this little travel watercolor kit that I've been wanting for a long time...
I haven't tried it yet, but it's so cute and small and will be great to carry around with me.

Thanks for visiting!!! It means a lot to me!

4 comments:

dawn said...

I like your magic page for October, it is such a fun month. Your other pages look great too, love all your pieces together.

oooohhhh like the new journal for the class, can't wait to see what you do for the cover. Cute little paint set too.

Thanks for sharing!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving all of these goodies Michelle!!! I am loving the stark b&w on that first one!! VERY COOL! :):):):):):):):):):):)

laurie said...

i have had my eye on one of those little watercolor kits for a while now. :-) your magic page was intriguing - perfect for this time of year.

Sara said...

I absolutely love the Owl paper! You have sublime handwriting. I unfortunately have terrible handwriting. I love online art journal workshops! Hope you have great fun decorating your new journal cover!