Saturday, June 2, 2012

Finish 'er up Friday (on Saturday)

I have been hanging on to this little project since 2007, when it was a make and take at Elsie Flannigan's booth at Scrapfest.  I thought it was so cute, but couldn't figure out what to use it for.   Thanks to Finish 'er up Friday, I can finally share the finished project with you - I'm so excited!

It's a little tribute to my cat Willie (also known as Wilbie to us)...
 What Elsie had shown us how to do was to put together the playing cards with her adhesive fabric to make a little book.  She also showed us how to make the window in the front card, and we got to choose a little rubber charm for the front.  The rest is what I did this week to finish it up.


 Stickers and tape are by Amy Tangerine...



 Cavallini tape on this page



 the little paw clip is from Basic Grey





 more Amy Tangerine on this one...


and on the back cover too.

I can't even begin to describe how much fun it was to finally finish this little project!  What was I waiting for???

In other news, I started two new projects yesterday!  One is the 30-day Journal challenge, which is hosted by Janel of Runs with Scissors.  This is her third year doing the challenge, but my first time playing along.  I'm so excited!  It's free, so hop on over if you'd like to join in!

The "Pieces of Me" workshop also started yesterday over at Two Peas In A Bucket, and I'm totally excited about this one too!  It's the CUTEST little mini-album; and there are tons of contributors who share their version of the album, so it gives you lots of ideas to put your own twist on things!  Check it out here if you want to sign up.

I am also happy to say that all of my scrappy boxes have now been sold.  Thank you so much for your support!

I thank you so much for visiting, and wish you a super-groovy, crafty weekend my friends!

4 comments:

phinner said...

what a clever idea! adhesive fabric and playing cards!!!

ok, I am sorry to laugh, but when I first saw that album cover and picture of Willie's eyes, I read "I WILL BITE" oh dear!!!

I dunno how you keep track of all your challenges!!! um, 2nd Floor, 30-day Journal Challenge, etc, etc... I'm tired just thinking about it!!! ah-some!!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

I will bite - HA that is so funny! If you knew Wilbie you would really laugh. He is such a love. That photo was taken when I first got my new camera. I turned it on and looked through the lens and Wilbie came right up and peered back at me - like - hey mom, what is this thing?

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee this Michelle!! What a cute little album!! I have an old pack of cards... I will have to try something like this!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Absolutely adorable!!!!!! I love, LOVE all of your pages. The photos are fabulous - you have such a great sense of humor, Michelle!