Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cropping and Organizing...

OMG I just saw the cutest squirrel go scampering across the snow with a HUGE leaf in his mouth! He must be padding his nest. I wish I could have gotten a picture of him! ADORABLE!

Hello everyone and Happy Sunday! I've been looking for a better storage solution for my stamps for absolutely ever and I finally found it.

This is how I've been storing my stamps. They are in clear plastic containers and quite honestly I almost never use them because (A) I don't know what I have, and (B) Grabbing a set from the middle causes the stack to tumble and it just ends up being more hassle than it's worth.


So, I found these 7-drawer stacking carts at Target! They are perfect! The drawers are very shallow, so they are just right for stamps! I brought them home Friday and the boys helped me assemble them...
and here's how they look once set up and filled with stamps. I took the stamps out of their containers and placed them individually in the drawers. It's amazing how many stamps will fit in each drawer!
and another cool thing about this cart is that the drawers are actually individual boxes with hinged lids, so you can pull one out and take it to a crop - how cool is that!


In other news - yesterday was my monthly crop and I had so much fun! I got myself a fancy coffee with an extra 1/2 shot of espresso and zing! I was FOCUSED! LOL. One of the projects I finished was this layout that I made for Kellie (aka divalicious at SiSTV), with a self-portrait that she sent to me.

The green diecut paper is brand new and I can't think of the name of it now (doh), but I loved how it brought out the beautiful color of Kellie's hair. Other materials used include "raven" bazzill cardstock, a printed transparency, Making Memories Chunky Silver alphas (outlined with a sharpie), and a dictionary page - part of it painted turquoise for the background, and part of it to draw and handcut the clouds. I hope she likes it!

I also finished a layout for this week's Scrapping The Music song "Lullaby" by the Dixie Chicks. It's such a sweet song, and it made me think of my little buddy Willie. The journaling around the edge reads: "Willie has been such a lover ever since I adopted him and his brother in 2004. He loves to be held, and he loves to follow me around the house. He's my sweet little shadow."
I used the SiSTV "Girly Girl" collection for the background paper and the flower, which is handcut from a piece of Basic Grey included in the collection. The middle of the flower is a "Flair" button (American Crafts), and the Title is a combination of black poolside Thickers and a Zig Millenium Journaling Pen. The orangey paper is Pink Paislee from the Office Lingo Collection. It had a pretty, diecut edge, but that didn't give the look I wanted, so I made my own scallop instead. The sheet music is vintage.

I also painted a bunch of backgrounds for my art journal, and finished gluing together pages in an altered book, to make them thicker. Now the book is ready to turn into something, but I haven't decided what yet!

It was a big night for purchases - I bought myself a clip-it-up to continue my organizing project, and I couldn't resist the new "Green Stack" by Die Cuts with a View. OH MY WORD ITS SO CUTE!!! And I love that it's 70% recycled!

So, now I am going to get back to my organizing project. I need to finish up for today because I have two things to scrap tonight and I need some space to work in!

I will be back tomorrow to share Project 365 for the week and anything else I can think of between now and then!

Have a wonderful Sunday my friends, and don't forget to stop by Scrapping The Music and play along with us - we'd love to see you!

3 comments:

McMGrad89 said...

Great drawers. I have one more suggestion for your drawers. Get a large piece of paper to place in the bottom of each drawer and stamp the image of the stamp that belongs in that spot, that way if you pull out more than one or loan one to someone, you know which one goes where or which one is missing.

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Fabulous idea! I will do that - THANK YOU!

jessicamae3 said...

Hi Michelle!
As I was traipsing along, I found this awesome layout on your blog...may your dreams come true.
I am the DT leader for a challenge on All Moments Remembered. Tomorrows font challenge is To create your own title using your own pattern paper or cardstock...
Could I highlight, and give credit to you the layout ~ may your dreams come true ~ that showcases this type of title? I will link back to your blog. etc etc etc?
Thanks sweetie, let me know...