Sunday, May 17, 2009

Charm Time...

It's been a five-star day! So much fun! I stopped by the local scrapbook shop garage sale this morning and alot of my items had sold already which made me feel fabulous! Then I got my haircut which always makes me feel good!

It helped so much to make a list of my projects for the weekend. I've been updating it as I go (see post below).

I finished my 20 charms for the SiSversary charm swap! It was fun! I used bottlecaps which I hammered flat, acrylic paint on cardstock, hand-drawn clouds on dictionary pages, a red glitter pen, and a word stamp. I adhered the tiny artwork with Crystal Effects by Stampin Up... In this pic I turned a few over so you could see the back...
The only bad thing is I realized after they were all done that the clasp I used is called a spring ring - I thought it was a lobster claw. One of the rules is that we have to use lobster claws, so I will need to redo all the clasps - DRAT. Oh well. Live and learn - still I like how they turned out, and it was fun to do a different kind of project! I can't wait to see all the different charms that people come up with!

So, now I have started my assignment for the Collage Couture class, and it was really fun playing with the gloss gel medium! I've never used that before! It's still drying. Since the Next Step challenge is all about creating embellishments, I think I will create some that I can add to my collage - why not?!!!

I will be back tomorrow with another update, including the newest Scrapping The Music Challenge. Have a super-duper Sunday everyone! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Marit said...

Those are fabulous!!! SOOO sweet... and you got a lot of projects going on/done this weekend! I did nothing myself on Saturday.... we'll see what Sunday brings. Have a good one!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

I so love those!

Unknown said...

love the charms! I need to get busy on mine :)