Sunday, July 25, 2010

Back to My Regularly Scheduled Blogging...

Mom's visit is over and she is safe and sound back at home in California. It was awesome having her here and we had so much fun!

On Friday we went shopping in the St. Paul Retro Loop Area. My favorite store by far was called SWANK...
OMG they had the COOLEST stuff and it was reasonably priced! It was the kind of placed that is just stuffed full of treasures!

I bought two rolls of groovy 70's contact paper and a whole box of True Story Magazines from the 1940's and 50's...

it's going to be great stuff for art journaling with!!!

I also wanted to share a fun family story with you. It was Michael's dad's 70th birthday recently, and Michael and his siblings decided to each write him a letter about their favorite memories of growing up with him. Well, as you can imagine, that gave me an idea that they could each make a scrapbook page to showcase their letter! So, I hosted a crop at my place for the Rydell girls, and the fun began...




our nephew got in on the fun by creating this beautiful card. He was so proud...

and here we all are with the pages we created...
I love how each page turned out so unique and really shows the personality of the person who created it. I am holding two because daughter Becca created the one with the black background, but had to leave before the picture was taken. There are two more pages that aren't shown in this picture. I am so glad everyone had a good time!

More on the party where dad received the scrapbook next time!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I will see you again tomorrow!!!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! That store looks WAY cool!! And i Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the card your nephew made and the pages everyone created! What a GREAT IDEA! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marit said...

YOu told me already that you all did this, but it's soooo fun to see these photo's!!! Now I'm of to read the next post... where "dad" receives his letters....

McMGrad89 said...

Nice idea, Michelle. We did something similar for my parents 40th anniversary. I brought my camera and printer to the party and took pictures of each guest. We then printed the pictures there at the party and pasted them into a book where people could write messages to my parents. It was the best.

EverydayMe said...

too much fun!!! love the photos!!! tfs! {{hugs}} Michelle