Saturday, July 3, 2010

CSN Stores Sewing Machine Review or "YEAY I'M A SEAMSTRESS!!!!!"

When CSN Stores approached me about doing a review of one of their products, they said I could pick something out and it was exciting but difficult to choose! They sell about a bazillion cool things! I posted all about that in my previous post here. When I found the Brother LS2125i Sewing Machine I knew that was what I wanted to try! I've never sewn before and have been wanting to for a long time, and this machine said it was good for scrapbooking among other things!!!

I'm excited to report that I LOVE MY NEW BROTHER LS2125i!!!!!!!

Here she is.....
and here is a link to where you can buy it for only $79.99 and free shipping!!! I don't know how long that price will last, but that's what it is right now.

Okay I must admit I was scared. I've been wanting to know how to do basic sewing for crafts for a very long time, but the idea of threading a machine, winding bobbins, etc, etc scared me to death. I tend to want things simple and quick and I'm not the most patient about reading directions - LOL. But today, my scraproom was clean and I had the time, so I decided to pull out my new machine and give it a try.

First, I want to thank those of you that gave me advice on what thread to buy. Here's what I got. I hope it's good. The woman at Joann's said it was...



I got out my machine and I have to tell you the directions were FANTASTIC for a newbie like me....
They were easy to follow and included illustrations all the way through. Plus, there was a separate sheet that showed the different parts of the machine, so I had that out on one side of my machine and the user manual on the other and it was great because I didn't have to keep flipping back and forth to figure out what I was doing.

And guess what?????? I did everything right the first time!!!!! This machine is super easy to use!!! I had no trouble winding the bobbin or threading the machine!!! In less than a half-hour (probably more like 15 minutes) I was sewing!!!!!! Yeayyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Here's my first practice page. I was playing around with the stitches and the tension to see what works best for stitching on paper, but I'm happy with the results!
One question for you scrapbook stitching wizards out there - what do you do with the loose of string at the end of your lines of stitching? I wasn't sure about that.

My ONLY disappointment (and it was minor) was that with the thread on the spool on top, it would no longer fit into my ikea cube. I solved that easily tho, by just lifting the thread off the spool and laying it on it's side. It sits nicely between the bobbin winder peg and the spool peg. That way I won't have to rethread the machine each time I use it...

My final review of the Brother LS2125i is I LOVE IT!!! I give it five out of five stars, for it's ease of use, portability, quality and value for the price!!!! It turned me into a seamstress in less than a half-hour!

Thank you CSN Stores.com!!!

Once again, here's a link to the sewing machine, and don't forget to check out CSN Stores.com for tons of other stuff too!

10 comments:

Alison said...

Great to hear you have given the sewing machine a go and that it was easy to set up. I tend to just cut of the end thread when i sew in my scrapbooking pages and either try to have a photo or embellishment that goes over the start and or finish or a little dot of dimentional magic on the start and finish just to make sure its not going to come unstitched especially if its a page thats not going to go into an album and be protected by a page protector. Look forward to see some sewing on your future creations.

anne g-i said...

wow - i'm glad to hear you had good luck with it! maybe you can help me when we meet at the end of the month :)

can't wait to see how you incorporate sewing into your unique michelle-style!

Jill said...

Congrats on the new machine! I was sewing-phobic for the longest time, but my Singer changed all that.

As far the strings at the end, I clip them with a scissors. Sometimes I leave a little bit hanging for a bit of deconstructed charm. :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! Michelle has joined the Julie sewing club!! LOL!! I just trim the edges of my threads...and I have my machine stored in my IKEA Expedit too...and what I do is...instead of taking the spool of the top...I push the metal piece down...You know...the stick thingy...lol ... i don't know its real name! LOL!! I just push that down and it fits just right! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jessica Wilson said...

So cool!!! I love it:) Can't wait to see some more of your sewing!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love my sewing machine, Michelle! I am happy that you love your new apparatus!!!!

Glenda T. said...

That's awesome!! I must say the idea of threading a machine and bobbins and all that terrify me too!! haha It all seems so complicated but maybe now I'll give it a try. The hubs bought me a really old desk one at a garage sale a few weeks ago and I haven't even tried it yet but now you have inspired me Michelle!! I'll let you know how I make out! haha

ps. I got sidetracked when I came here again by taking a tour of your art room - GORGEOUS!!!!!

Jennifer said...

How lucky are you?? Love all the stitches too!

As far as the string, I pull it through with a paper piercer, and just tape the back with a piece of scotch tape. :)

Happy Sewing!

mandysea said...

Wow Michelle!! What courage!! Sooo love reading your post and well done!!! Love sewing!!! Especially paper scrappy things!!!
xx

Bekka said...

Very cool! You'll be a stitching addict in no time! :)