Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fave Store and Daughtry...

The new challenge is up at the Fave Things and it is all about scrapping your favorite STORE!!! That was easy for me - it's my local thrift store!!!!! I love that place!!!! I know I frequently post about the treasures I find there, so it may not be a surprise; but I thought it was time to pay tribute to my little wonderland...
The three critters are among my favorite finds, and the photo in the back was taken at the store. I used the Studio Calico "Granny's Cupboard" kit, along with some pan pastels on the yellow paper to make the critters stand out a little more.

So what is your favorite store??? Come on over to the Fave Things blog and play along with us!

The new challenge is also up at Scrapping the Music! The featured song this week is the awesome rocker-anthem "Home" by Daughtry. Here's what I made...

I had so much fun with this layout! I used the Studio Calico "Joyland" kit. The pennants that make up the banner were actually beige, so I misted them with turquoise mist. I love how the mist pooled on the coated paper and made the color a bit uneven. The white string was hand-drawn with a white signo uniball pen.

Come on over to Scrapping The Music and show us how "Home" inspires you! This week we are going to have TWO WINNERS!!! Big Picture Scrapbooking is our sponsor and they are giving away two passes to one of their super fun classes! Click here to go to the challenge and find out more!!!!

Thanks so much for visiting! Have a fantastic Friday my friends!!!

5 comments:

Thinkie said...

great pages!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeee these both sooooooooooo much Michelle!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your finds from the thrift store and love love love love the story and banner on your "home" one!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Bekka said...

I love these layouts! Vintage stores are the best! And your home layout is so simple and pretty!

Valerie said...

Michelle - I love both of these pages but that Thrift shop page is pure eye candy. What a fun, fun layout. I love thrift shops, too!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Love these layouts, Michelle! I love your thrift store layout - so cool!!! And Home is beautiful!!!