Monday, February 16, 2015

February/March Journaling Plan...

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for all of your comments on my last couple of posts. I love hearing about your different ways of journaling! I'm so excited to share my February/March plan with you today!

Here is the stack of journals I will be using.  There are four of them...




Here's the plan...
-->
             Types of Journals for February/March 2015:
Name
What goes in it
Purpose
Format
When
“Follow your own Beat”
Art Journal

Finished pages. Whether workshop lessons or my own ideas, this book contains pages that I work on til they feel completed.  Mixed Media.
Portable Studio. Showcase of my work.
Handbound Watercolor Journal
9x12

Work in it daily. 
No Excuses Journal
No Excuses assignments and challenges; Artfully Inspired Life Workshop Weekly Overview with quotes; Sketches; Photos; ephemera, daily journaling.
Chronicle my life and drawing progress
8x10 Global Art Materials Handbook
Daily
Bullet Journal
Master To Do list, Commonplace Book, Workshop and other Notes, Project Lists, logbook, etc. (monthly calendar in back pocket)
Indexed reference notebook.
Orange Leuchtturm 1917 Squared Notebook
As needed
Once Upon A Time Journal
Chronicle my thoughts and assignments for the Brene Brown course “The Gifts of Imperfection”

Handmade Envelope Journal
As I get to each lesson.

My orange bullet journal is only about half full, so I am carrying it thru to February.


Here's a closer look at the other three:

"Follow Your Own Beat" (Main Art Journal):
I'm super excited about this one!  I actually made the front and back cover a few years ago, inspired by an in-person workshop taught by Pam Garrison that I went to with my sister Renee.  It's collage on top of  art board, so it's super sturdy.  Even though you can't see his face, I imagine you can tell it's Kurt Cobain right there in the middle.  His music inspires me.  :) After I made the covers though, I never bound it, so it's been sitting in my studio, waiting for the right time.  I decided the right time is NOW!  Yeayyy!

 I used the binding method taught in Julie Balzer's Junque Journal Workshop.  It is filled with 40 spreads of 9x12 140 lb watercolor paper...

Here's the back cover...


No Excuses (planner) Journal:
I'm changing over from a desk diary to a plain watercolor handbook to document my days.  I'm using this one from Global Art Materials...
The desk diary was working fine.  I just thought it would be fun to draw my own calendars and have a place to do my daily journaling too.  More on that in an upcoming post.

and finally,

"Once Upon A Time" journal...
This is a journal I made in Roben-Marie Smith's "Ripped and Stitched" workshop back in 2013....

The cover is made of strips of handpainted fabric, and the inside is 9x12 white envelopes that are folded in half and gelli printed...
I am signed up for Brene Brown's "The Gifts of Imperfection" workshop, and I'm using this journal for the workshop lessons.  There are 12 lessons, and 12 envelopes in this journal - how perfect, right?

So, that's it.  It's going to be a fun couple months of journaling! 

Thanks so much for visiting me today!  I wish you a very merry Monday!!!

5 comments:

Marit said...

The cover of your 'once upon a time' journal is just gorgeous... I will write this on my 'to do' list, make/bind a journal with a fabric stitched cover. I am in love with how it looks!!!

Kim T said...

I'm hoping to take the Brene Brown course as well! A friend is getting a group together, anyway hope you blog about it. Love your journals ... you sure keep busy! Thanks for sharing

Pierrette Goupil said...

I love your journals, Michelle. I love that you change them also. I use one journal for each project that I have : one journal Artfully Inspired Life, one journal52, etc. I am not well organized at the moment. I retired this month and I have time to create. It makes me so happy! I love reading your posts, they are so inspiring! Thank you for sharing.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! These are gorgeous!! LOVING the cover on the first one!!!!

Monica said...

The journals are perfect. I use ARC paper for NE and drew column calendar i am not sure I like it and think instead of feeling daily angst over not completing it just do entry when feel like it. Plan is to add water color pages keeping up on J52 and Documented Life.
Your pages are so inspiring.