Friday, February 28, 2014

Finish 'er Up Friday...My journal is FULL!

Unfinished Project:  Book of Days 2013, Session 2
Finished this week:  One Lesson - Front Facing Portraits
Still to go: Six Lessons (out of 36 total)

Here's how it turned out...
(background: vintage wallpaper & giftwrap, handmade paper and vintage text; gesso, adirondack spray ink, golden fluid acrylic. Portrait: pencil, acrylic paint, neocolor II crayons, neon oil pastel, pitt pen)

An extra-exciting thing about this spread: It was the very last page in my big canvas art journal! Another thing finished - yeayyy!  Here's how it looks - all ready to go on the bookshelf...

 The pages are 9x12, and are made out of 140 lb Stonehenge paper in 4 colors - white, black, kraft and grey.  There are 200 pages total (50 spreads).
 I learned how to make this style of journal in Effy Wild's free bookbinding class.  It was easy!
 That's Johnny modeling with the book...

Next time I will share the new journal I'm starting.  It's not new, actually - I'm finishing one that I started a few years ago.  Can't wait to share!

Thanks so much for visiting! I really appreciate it!  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks amazing Michelle!!!!! I loveeeeee that pic of Johnny rubbing up on it! HA!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

YAY!!!! Way to go, Michelle! I saw your pages on FB, and just wanted to stop by here to tell you how much I love them. Also love that your kitty loves them, too!!!!! HUGS!