Sunday, February 2, 2014

Farewell to Archiver's...

Yesterday was my last crop at Archiver's with the girls.  If you haven't heard -  Archiver's, (a nationwide chain of Scrapbooking stores), is going out of business.  Their doors will close for good this month.

Here are a few pics from our day...
 


With everything being 50% off, I had to make a few purchases...
Back in 2006, I worked at Archiver's part-time.  At that time, I remember hearing that there was one new location opening per month.  It's so sad to see it all end.  I feel bad for the workers, and it makes me wonder what is happening to scrapbooking as a whole, if a place like Archiver's can't make it?

There is some good news, however!  October Afternoon, which is based in Apple Valley, Minnesota, is opening a Scrapbooking store in their warehouse at the end of this month.  It's called Paper Made.  Watch for their website to go live sometime this week.  Click here to check that out.

As for my girlfriends and I, we are committed to continuing our monthly meetups.  We are just going to have to get creative about where we go and how we manage it.  I'm looking forward to the next leg of our journey together, wherever it may take us!

Thanks so much for visiting today, my friends!  I will see you again soon!

P.S.  In my recent Book of Days post, Linda had asked me to share the supplies I used.  I have added those to the original post for you Linda! and for anyone else who is interested!  Click here to go to that post and check it out

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I agree Michelle ... it scares me that if a chain as big as Archiver's can't make it ... what is that going to do to this industry?? :(

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

Bad to hear this bad news. You´ve bought a lot of fun products.

With love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*

Steph, PaperCrafter's Corner said...

Sad news indeed, but all is not lost! There are still lots of papercrafting stores open in the US and around the globe. We maintain a FREE global directory of independently-owned, brick-and-mortar stores (as well as retreat locations and events): http://papercrafterscorner.com/papercraft-location-select/

We invite you to use this directory when searching for stores, and to send us updates when you learn of store openings and closings.

We also have lots of other directories for papercrafters - we'd love to have you join us!

Have a great day,

Steph

Stephanie Hackney
Owner | Brand Evangelist | Content Creator & Editor |
Community Leader | Paper Addict
PaperCrafter’s Corner
Email: shackney {at} papercrafterscorner {dot} com

Website: www.papercrafterscorner.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/papercrafters
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/papercraftersc
Facebook: www.facebook.com/papercrafterscorner
YouTube: www.facebook.com/papercrafterscorner