Sunday, December 27, 2015

Day Three: For What It's Worth and Love Shack...!

Hey friends!  I've got two pages to share for today's portion of the Top 2000 party, which is counting down from #1487 - #1181 of the Top 2000 songs of all time!

This first song was written by Stephen Stills, and is actually about the Sunset Strip riots of 1966/67; but is also considered a vietnam war anthem.  I feel the lyrics still apply today. In my collage, I merged photos of protests from the 1960's through now...

#1460
FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH
by Buffalo Springfield


Enjoy this classic video!




Moving along to the second page...

When I saw Love Shack on the list, I immediately thought of a layout I did years ago for the Scrapping the Music challenge blog.  I had so much fun with this one, I wanted to include it here. It stars my two buddies Johnny and Willie...

#1399
LOVE SHACK
by the B-52's




Check out this live version of the song...

Thanks so much for visiting, and don't forget to head over to Marit's Blog to check out all the other artists work!

See you tomorrow for Day Four of the Top 2000 party!

4 comments:

Marit said...

I really LOVE what you created for "For What It's Worth"... it's really moving!

Lynda said...

i love both of these songs and both of your spreads.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee these!! Sooooooooo awesome!! And "for what it's worth" is one of my all time fave songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thank you so so much Marit, Lynda and Julie!