Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Workspace Wednesday - Collage Ephemera Organizing in its Infancy...

Hi friends!  I promised an update this week on my studio organization progress, and here it is.  I've been working on setting up a table in my studio just for keeping all kinds of ephemera out and organized.  I love collecting interesting containers, and I'm having fun putting them to use for this purpose.  There's not alot in them yet - ha, but they are ready to fill!  Here's what I've got so far.

(click on images to enlarge)

Here's the whole table...

 This is a vintage drawer I recently picked up.  It's going to be great for diecuts, tags and other bits...


 A cheesebox holds Artist Trading Cards, and other cards.  Next to it is a drawer from an old sewing machine stand.  Not sure what's going in that yet...


This crock used to hold peanuts at the Haberdashery Restaurant in Minneapolis.  My mom and I used to go there alot for lunch.  When it closed, I got to buy one of the crocks; and now it holds good memories and postage stamps! 

The top box is a faux vintage cigar box made by Jenni Bowlin.  The bottom two are actual cigar boxes bought at a thrift store.  They don't have much in them yet, but they will...


Behind the cigar boxes is an old metal lunchbox for notepads and stuff...

In front is another old metal lunchbox with the lid taken off.  This is for misc scraps.  Behind it is a box for index and old library card catalog cards...


This is one of my favorite things.  It's a box I decorated for a challenge during the old "SiStv" days.  It's a tribute to one of my childhood heroes - Pippi Longstocking.  I call it my thingfinding box...

Right now it holds playing cards and an ATC stamp.  Not sure if it will stay that way or not...

One of my favorite Pippi quotes adorns the sides of the box...






I will keep you posted as I progress with getting this table organized and the containers filled in a way that makes sense.

Thanks so much for visiting today!  I wish you a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Marit said...

I LOVE all these boxes and drawers for storage but I ADORE your pippi-box... so cute and so you! I wish you a lot of beautiful 'finds' today!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving how you have turned drawers and boxes into fun storage!! And I recognized that Pippi box right away!!!!!!!!! TOTALLY recognized the alphas first! LOL!!!!!

Monica said...

very impressive. now I understand how you are able to do so many journals and have them all so beautiful.