Sunday, December 6, 2015

Too Many Options - I'm Overwhelmed!!!

Does anyone else get overwhelmed with all of the planning options, programs and challenges out there? I am feeling that way right now, as I'm trying to figure out my plan for 2016. In 2014 I was very focused. I had one memory-keeping planner, and I had so much fun with it.

 2014 - No Excuses/Documented Life Project in a Moleskine Weekly Planner



This year has been the exact opposite. I changed my mind about how to plan/memory-keep every month or so. Which resulted in a whole bunch of different half-filled planners (these photos are actually missing a couple of planners I forgot to include). It feels very disjointed. 






I want to come up with a good focused plan for 2016, but I'm having a hard time. These are all of the planners I have purchased and ready for 2016. 


The bottom one is planned to be a catch-all graph paper notebook.  Fauxbonichi, Bullet Journal, and Notebook in one.  

The Kraft Ring-Binder is the new kit for the Documented Life Program for 2016.  Not sure if I should combine this with my No Excuses stuff or not?

The Blue one is a Blue Sky Agenda.  Cheap but also beautiful and well laid out.  My original idea for this one was to do my actual daily planning in it.  (What?  Actual planning???)

The top one is the beautiful and beloved Inkwell Press Planner.  My original idea for this one was to use it for No Excuses Art.  The paper is thick and luxurious.  But now I'm not sure???  Maybe I want this one for actual planning???

All of this is not to mention any art journaling - ha.  That's for another post.

I don't want to be redundant, but I want to use them all.  Do any of you have this problem?  And if so, how are you solving it???  Do tell - I need help!!!  :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny, for the past few weeks I have been searching through your archives, trying to figure out which books you were using for which projects and why! I have a map drawing by my computer of your various books!

Unfortunately I am of no help, I kept getting new ones right along with you. However, I can say, I have decided to give myself liberty to use whichever and that seems to get rid of the block I have of having to choose and then doing nothing.

I love your freedom ! I won't ask what you will be using each one for (yet) but I am hoping maybe you could give us a rundown of each book and hopefully where you found it. Are you still using a leuchtturm?
☀️Kat

codydollartist said...

I totally feel ya. I am having the same problem. I think I'm going to use just a regular three ring binder for everything expect planning. Maybe...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry ... I can't help either - I don't do planners ... I know you and I know you will come up with something that will work :)

Lynda said...

I have the same problem and end up not doing anything!! Recently I ran across a journal with 6 months documented in 2014. It was so neat to be able to look back. Anyway, I bought a calendar datebook that I'm going to use - or at least I'm going to try! Glad I'm not alone. Good luck!

Trece said...

I feel your pain. That's why I have decided to opt out. Only I sort of didn't, because I bought a Blue Sly planner, for actual planning. Maybe I will be able to get myself to do some journaling in it. AND I bought a green Moleskine 8x5, and the Extra-Large black Moleskine, because I love the weekly-with-a-page-to-write format.
It should be clear that I am losing my mind!

Kim T said...

I had that problem for 2015 then i learned about bullet journaling and I'm in love -- my life is so task driven, it works beautifully, but I miss the prettiness of my Inkwell. Good luck in deciding ... meanwhile, the bottom book, you said it was graph paper?? Can you share the brand and is the paper a good thickness? I'm currently using a Peter Pauper Press graph for my BuJu and love it b/c the paper is a heavy weight vs a Moleskine or even a Leuchtturm 1917. Paper is key! Thanks and good luck with that decision ... can't wait to see what you do!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thanks everyone for your comments! It helps to hear your support and know that I am not alone!!! Kim, the graph paper book is a Research Lab Notebook by Vela, and I got it on Amazon. The paper is really nice and thick. Much thicker than either Moleskine or Leuchtturm. Thanks for asking!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Kat, thanks for your comment! I will definitely do a rundown of my journals - those I've been doing in 2015, and also my plans for 2016 (as soon as I figure them out - ha). Thanks for asking!

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love all of your work, Michelle, and I am sure you will come up with a good solution! Whenever I am in need of inspiration, I come to your blog!!! HUGS and best wishes for a wonderful holiday season!!!!

Kim T said...

Michelle ... I just went on Amazon and am in HEAVEN ... I know you are struggling to make a decision :) ... but by sharing your dilemma ... you solved mine!! YAY!! Read the reviews, sounds like the paper is perfect and the pages numbered ... BuJo heaven! What more could could a planner girl want. Thank you and happy holidays!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Kim, I'm so glad I helped you! I hope you enjoy using the lab notebook! I can't wait to start using mine!