Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Workspace Wednesday - Creating my Top 2000 Journal...

Hi friends!  It's time for Workspace Wednesday again, and I'm excited to bring you into the studio and show you what's going on...

Today is the day that the list of Radio 2's Top 2000 songs of all time goes live.  I'm excited to be able to peruse through the list; and select the songs that I want to use as inspiration for journal pages for Marit's Top 2000 blog party!  For me, this process is a big part of the fun!

I'm doing something new this year - I'm creating a special journal, just for the party!  I was so inspired by this blogpost by Marit, that I've decided to follow suit and create my own version of a Top 2000 journal! Thanks for the inspiration Marit!

This is what my workspace looked like earlier today, as I was in the midst of the project...
I decided to make the book 6" x 9," with a cardboard cover that I collaged with sheet music, and painted with Dylusions paints and Stencil Girl Stencils.  The spine is painted canvas.  I didn't have a big enough piece, so I sewed two pieces together and glued it on with lots of gel medium!


Here's my mixed media table with my tools and stencils drying...


and here's how the journal turned out.  The flower is done with gesso, and markers; and I used the dyed muslin as a finishing touch.  I can't wait to use it!


 Here's the inside front cover.  The first page will be used as a Table of Contents...


and here's the back cover...

Check out Marit's blog for more info on the Top 2000 Blog party!  It's going to be tons of fun!  I hope you decide to play along!

6 comments:

Marit said...

I'm so excited that the list will be announced today... I just checked the radio-station's site and they will reveil the complete list at 5.30 pm... that means I have to wait the whole day still... anyways, the fun is about to start! I LOVE the journal you created for the party, so bright and fun and 'seventies flower power' and so you! I haven't thought of how I will do it this year yet and don't have a 'theme' to work with either (and do I want a theme...?) I will decide (and probably bind a 'top 2000 journal') this weekend. Looking forward to it!

Kim T said...

This is so stinking CUTE!!! Love it,

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and that flower on the front!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

florenel said...

Amazing! I admire your art so much and this is really fantastic.

I'm sure you'll enjoy filling this journal.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

anna said...

I keep coming back to your project here! Love it so much! 💟💟

Glenda T. said...

I love that journal Michelle and I'm off to check out this party! :)