Thursday, April 28, 2011

Abstract Adventures, Part One...

The 21 Secrets Fun Continues!!! Last night I started the Abstract Adventures Workshop, which is taught by the talented and fearless creator of 21 Secrets - Connie Hosvicka! She teaches us to paint BIG and FEARLESS! How awesome is that?!!! So I bought myself an 18 x 24" watercolor pad and I'm calling it my fearless art journal!!! The first exercise was all about getting loose and exploring color. Here's how mine turned out...
I have to say I just LOVED painting big! I turned my itunes on shuffle and moved to the music as I slapped colors on the page - it was fun and so therapeutic!


Here's where having a bunch of journals going at once comes in handy: I then used the leftover paint on my palette to make backgrounds in four other journals - I hate to waste those beautiful colors! Here's how the scraproom looked afterwards with everything drying...

So, National Scrapbook Day is coming up on May 7th. I signed up for the free online crop/party at Big Picture Scrapbooking. It goes from 9am to 9pm and looks like it will be fun! Check it out here! Anyone know of any other online crops going on that day?

The deadline for submissions at Scrapping The Music just passed, so I'm off to create the slideshow! Stop by in a little while and it will be up and it's a good one! Lots of beautiful entries this time! Click here to go to the STM blog.

Thanks so much for visiting and I will see you again soon!

3 comments:

Marit said...

Eeeeeckkk... that's a LARGE page Michelle!!! I'm more the 'middle' type (12 x 12 or less) but I must say, I enjoy working in my bigger journal (25 x 35) from time to time. It's challenging eeh? I didn't know it was 'scrapbooking day' next week. I'll keep an eye on that date then!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhh those colors are AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Andria said...

"Working big" sounds like lots of fun, and I love those vibrant colors!