Monday, April 18, 2011

Finishing Up Child's Play...

I guess I've never outgrown being a kid, which is probably why I have LOVED the Child's Play workshop so much! It's been a blast! I finished my last assignment today, and I got to use my new vintage spirograph! OMG I had so much fun!

Here's how it turned out...

I tried using a number of different drawing utensils to make my spirals. I wanted something more colorful than a plain old pen. It's not easy tho because the little holes in the spirograph wheels are pretty small, plus if you use anything wet - like a marker, the design tends to smear. I finally ended up using watercolor pencils and I just love how they work! I blended them to make the goofups less noticeable - ha! Then I cut them out and put the on a separate watercolored background page. I thought the quote fit how I was feeling perfectly.

I raised the spirals off the background with pop dots. You can sorta see it here...


I'm also working on making all of my prepped magazine pages into a bound journal. I will be sure to share when it's done.

It's not too late to come on over and join us at 21 Secrets! It's absolutely the most fun you could ever imagine! Click here for more info!

Thanks so much for visiting and for your comments - they mean a lot to me!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this!! I am loving the spirals!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

McMGrad89 said...

Playing with one of my favorite toys. The results are wonderful. I wondered what you would get to fit in those little holes. Great idea.

Claudine said...

I used to have one of these and it was so much fun, I'd love to have one again. Beautiful!!

brigitte said...

love the page. i wonder if my girls have one of these neat toys.

Marit said...

Love, love, love it Michelle!!!

anne g-i said...

oohh i love it! great idea about the colored pencils - your whole page is perfect for play! all bright and cheerful.