Thursday, April 21, 2011

Improvisation Station...

Tonight I worked on expanding my horizons with another 21 Secrets workshop called "Improvisation Station." It was soooooo awesome! There were a number of exercises that led up to the final art journal spread. Here is what I ended up with...
This class has to do with reaching beyond the labels you are used to having and becoming limitless. I love that idea, and I love how my page turned out. The city buildings are cut from a combination of some of my absolute favorite patterned papers - some are designed by Nat Kalbach and some by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. I love how their patterns mix together, and Nat and Julie are friends, so I thought it would be super fun to combine their papers on one page. Now the papers can be friends too! (grin) Other materials used are watercolor paper, acrylic paint, copy paper, and glimmer mist in the color Raven (how appropriate, eh?).

Thanks so much to the talented and super fun Natasha Reilly for an awesome and inspiring workshop!

Are any of you participating in 21 Secrets? If you are, how is it going? I'd love to hear!

Thanks so much for visiting and I will be back again soon with another update!

10 comments:

milkcan said...

Totally awesome, as always!!!

Marit said...

Great page Michelle, and the ones with the words (former post) got my attention too. I LOVE words (no surprise huh...)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!!!! I am loving the colors and love love love the way you did those clouds!!! WOW!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Nathalie Kalbach said...

this is so fun- love this!!! Thanks for sharing !!!

Candy said...

I've been reading Julie Fei Fan Balzer's blog for years and I have never seen that she has created products for sale. Where did you find products by her? As usual, I continue to be inspired by your work, Michelle! Aloha from Hawaii!!

stacie said...

Michelle, Your pages are amazing! I haven't had the chance to take this course yet. Think I"ll at least listen to it while I make jewelry today. Hope she has a video!

Mary said...

Love your cityscape! Special papers are so much fun to use. 21 Secrets is so inspiring and the more you get into the workshops the more fun you have playing with all the ideas.

Nathalie Nayer said...

Ohhhhh! I am so glad I found your blog! Love love love what you do! I'll definitely be back!

Natasha said...

OHHHHHH here is it again the GORGEOUS page!!! Oh I wish you knew how much I enjoyed having YOU in my class. YOU are an amazing soul - remember to keep reaching and celebrating YOU!!! BIG hugs :)

Sharon Fritchman said...

So gorgeous, Michelle! I think that 21 secrets sounds intriguing and cool!!!!!!! Hey, Happy Easter, my friend!!!!! Thanks so much for your friendship!