Monday, April 25, 2011

Collage Paint & Soul...

This weekend I worked on the 21 Secrets Workshop called "Collage Paint & Soul" which is taught by the super-talented Tamara Laporte. The technique she teaches is so COOL. You start with a collage - here's mine...


and then you use her Collage, Paint & Soul technique to turn it into a finished page. Here's how mine turned out...
OMG this was so rewarding! This is a process with quite a few steps to it, and I must admit, I REALLY had to trust the process. There were numerous times that I said - oh no, I shouldn't have done that - EEK! But I just kept going, and I love how my page turned out! This process is so interesting because you really don't know how it's going to look in advance. You have a general vision in your head, but it's a surprise as it unfolds, which is so fun! This is one I will use again and again, I just know it.

You can still sign up for 21 Secrets. Click on the widget in the sidebar to get more info.

Thanks so much for visiting! I will be back soon with another update...

8 comments:

Marit said...

AMAZING Michelle!!! I think I can see what the process was/is all about, I might try this myself. It sure looks like fun and rewarding!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww!! This turned out AMAZING Michelle!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the quote you used! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Andria said...

Interesting! Your page looks great, and is obviously vastly different from your very first step. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love it, so beautiful :-)

Lisa said...

Michelle - how FUN! I LOVE the transformation that occurred...I've got to go try out her class. :) (Yay for you in trusting the process!)

bookaddict4real said...

I love this color combination and the
bird in particular

katkni said...

I love that under it all, you're really Halle Berry! ;)

Scatter said...

I missed this one somehow. Glad I came back through. This is unreal!! Oh, well, no I know it's really real, but it's unreal. It's great! :)