Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Finishing Up Three Little Words...

As I'm finishing up with each of the 21 Secrets workshops, I am realizing that they are really not over. Each thing I am learning is naturally making it's way into my personal art process. I can't tell you how much I love that.

The third assignment in my Three Little Words (taught by Aimee of Artsyville) class involved coming up with poetry. I decided to do this one in my grief journal, and I love how it turned out...
I haven't done much with poetry before but I'm loving how healing it feels - very freeing to be more abstract with my words.

and the final assignment involved generating tons of journal fodder. For each of the two pages, one of my three-little-words phrases was the jumping off point. Wow all this could keep me going for years....


Oh, and just a reminder, this Friday is my guest blogpost for Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's "Art Journal Every Day" project. I'm very excited about it, and I hope you will come visit me there!

Have a wonderful Wednesday my friends and thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Emie58 said...

I LOVED Aimee's class... it was so fun and I really like the idea of finding a string of 3 words.
Thanks for sharing your own journey with her class.
Emie

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeee that first page Michelle....very touching...and loving the charts you made!! GORGEOUS work! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Connie's Place said...

You are so talented I just love your art. Your art is so much fun :)

Red Cat Cards said...

Michelle ! Your pages are just so striking and gives out such clear message with such vibrant colors !!! Your pages are so distinct and I can recognize right away that it's yours somehow =) Thanks for all the wonderful comment on my blog, Michelle ! xoxoxo