Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Daily Record Smashbook - Week of October 24 - 30, 2011...

I tried something new with my Daily Record Spread for this week. I wanted to be able to see the whole week at a glance, so I tore out a page from further back in the book, and taped it on the right side with some Smashtape, and now it's a fold out...
It's hard to see in the photo, but I only taped the left side of my postcard...

so I could flip it open and put some more details behind...
I love including little details that I would not think to put in a 12 x 12 layout, like this little bit about who we are rooting for on the X-Factor...
My fave part of the week is the conversation I heard between our cat Willie and Michael, which I jotted down and then transferred to the blue Smashpad page (above).




Thanks sooooo much for visiting and I will see you again soon!

6 comments:

Alison said...

Love the extended page and tape on ones side of the postcard to create more space for pictures under it.

McMGrad89 said...

I would never have thought of using another page from the book to make a fold out and to flip the postcard too to make more room. Very creative, Michelle.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! I loveeeeeeeeee how you added the fold out page!! And you and Michael are rooting for the same peeps we are on X-Factor... we loveeeeeeeeeee Josh and Drew... oh and one more kid on there... Chris (the one who went through rehab)... we really like him too! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Marit said...

I haven't used fold-out pages much lately, but it's such a nice touch to a page! (besides the fact that it leaves you more space to fill, which is awesome too ofcourse!) I love the pages and 'the conversation' is hilarious!

Michelle said...

I love your Smashbook (#2). I have one sitting on my counter and yes, that's where it sits. Yours is very inspiring and love the fold-out too and the postcard flip. I love to see your pages!

Natt Smith said...

Love all the pretty photos you have on your smash book :p