Saturday, November 26, 2011

One More "30 Days" Page is finished, and another one starts...

I know I've said this before, but seriously - you know a class is good, when you simply can't wait for the next day's lesson!!! That's how it's been since day one of Julie Balzer's "30 Days in Your Journal" class! I'm having so much fun that it makes me sad to think that there are only five days left!

Anyhoo, I showed you the first day's progression of the following page in an earlier post
here. So here are the rest of the days entries...

November 21. I added neocolor II crayons for shading (I can't tell you enough how much I LOVE those things!), and a Sassafras Lass border stamp...


November 22. More neocolor II shading...

November 23. I added some marker for definition and tissue to knock the border stamp into the background a little more...

November 24. Finishing touches on the shading, and a quote with india ink. I must say I feel really good about how this spread turned out. I quite like my woman! :0)


So now, off we go onto the next spread! Here's the first day's progression. We are designing our own alphabet! Yeayyy!!!


That's it for today my friends! I will leave you with yesterday's photo of Willie and Johnny in the scraproom...
The three of us say bye for now, but we will be back soon!

8 comments:

Martha Richardson said...

Your completed page totally rocks! I'm so sad to see this class end ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee the completed page and the new one you are starting!! And Willie and Johnny are ADORABLE!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Nelly said...

This is gorgeous! I love progression photos. Awesome!

Glenda T. said...

Michelle I saw one of your gorgeous journal pages in Julie's email and had to pop over to see the rest of what you have been up to! Your pages are amazing and I need more time to take one of her classes!!! Until then I will live vicarously through you and enjoy your eye candy. You make me want a smash book too!! haha

Marit said...

Awesome Michelle! The way you 'built up' the drawing and show us the process, thanks! LOVE her, especially her blue hair! Have fun in the next days!

Photocat said...

Wow... You sure have the lettering down. I wonder about the shading. What color of the neocolors do you use for your shading? I don't seem the find a working color/combination... The new page you started is gorgeous already with just that corner, very promising!

Kirsty.A said...

I've just found you through the Blog list at JYC and joined as a Follower. I didn't make much headway with my Art Jourbal last yera, maybe I'll be better in 2012, but I'm using a Smnash book for JYCD so interesting to see what you've done. Look forward to Journalling Christmas with you this year.

Patricia Roebuck said...

Wow! Michelle, seriously, you have some amazing talent! This is so beautiful, artsy, and just awesome!