Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Finished Journal Page and another Cocoa Daisy Challenge...

I am really learning alot from Julie's "30 Days In Your Journal" class! One of the biggest things I am learning is the art of building a page bit by bit. It's becoming quite the adventure to see how the page progresses from day to day!

Here's my final page for November 11 - 14...

On the last day I added poster paint sharpies to fill in the circles, acrylic paint for the splatters, and Lumocolor pen for the doodling. This page was an absolute joy to create!

The next page we are working on is something totally different! Can't wait to share it with you!

I also finished another one of the Cocoa Daisy Fall Crop Challenges. This one was called "Home Baked." The rules were to follow this recipe:

FLOUR - Something white (I added white labels)
SUGAR - Something that sparkles (pink glitter across the top border)
BERRIES - Something red or pink (red gerbera daisy, pink watercolored piece behind photo)
AND LET IT RISE - Add some texture
(orange fabric banner, turquoise pom pom trim)

I haven't done any challenges in a long time and I'm having so much fun! For this page in my daily record, I included leftover bits of patterned paper from my table, and a doodled flower and ladybug that I had done during a phone conversation. I love that I have somewhere to put these little bits of life. The photo was taken on my walk with Michael.

If you want to check out the Home Baked Challenge, there's still time - click here!

Did you see that the teachers lineup for the 2012 "21 Secrets" Art Journal Workshop has been posted! It looks like an AWESOME lineup! Check it out here!

I hope your week is going well! I will see you again soon!

7 comments:

dawn said...

I loved watching this journal page grow Michelle, it's so awesome!! All those splatters and the circle dates on the side. Soooo many cool things to love about this page.It was a fun week and this week is even better.

Way to go on your Daisy challenge, its' so cute. Love that you can doodle and talk on the phone at same time.

I can always feel how excited you are about your pages!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeee the additions to the journal page and loveeeeeee your take on the recipe/baked challenge!! GORGEOUS photo and loving the little banner! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Martha Richardson said...

Love the progression of your page...I'm loving watching everyone's pagescome together on Flickr...such eye candy! Going to now go & check out Lumocolor pens ;)

Deb said...

Love your page, Michelle, and totally agree with you about Julie's class AND the lineup for next year's 21 Secrets--I didn't do this year, but I definitely am asking Santa to provide me a space for 2012! :)

phinner said...

WOWOWOWOWOW!!! That first piece is so happily colorful and so Michelle! Such drippy goodness!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Love the way your pages come out. Those Sharpies really make the pages pop!

Kim Mailhot said...

Oh, I love this journal page ! The paint drips are gorgeous.