Thursday, December 9, 2010

Finishing What I Started - Project 52!

In 2009, Julie Fei-Fan Balzer hosted a group called "Project 52," whose mission was to create something - anything - every week of the year. I chose to do ATCs. I really enjoyed the process - at first I was doing something different every week, and then I discovered the fun of creating ATCs in monthly "sets," so I started doing that, and I kept it up until it got to the holiday season and I got busy and well, Project 52 got set aside. Well - that was a YEAR AGO - HA. I had the first 47 ATCs displayed on my wall on two strings, and that empty space where the last five should go has been staring at me for a year now. Well, I finally finished - yeayyyy! Here are my five final bits - the December 2009 ATCs (click on the image to see it larger)...

and here is my wall with the ribbon finally completed...

To see all of my Project 52 ATCs in more detail - check out my flickr album here. It feels good to finish something, know what I mean?

Thanks so much Julie for the inspiration - better late than never, eh?

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! Sooooooooo cool Michelle!! That is AWESOME!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marit said...

I remember that you did this, I always loved to see them coming in the SIS gallery... aaah, good times! Remember when we met there? LOL!
I love your last five ATC's, and now you have me singing that song! And yep, you got a friend!

Lynn said...

beautiful, michelle

phinner said...

now you've inspired me Michelle!!! I love the concept of monthly themes. and ATCs, of course!!! LOL!!!

milkcan said...

Good for you for finishing! And wowza! Totally gorgeous!