Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Top 2000 Day Five...

Hey there everyone! We are closing in on New Year's Eve and I'm creating like crazy trying to get everything done that I want to! It's a scrapaganza over here!

For Day Five of the Netherlands Top 2000 songs of all time, I chose #658 - "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman. I love the soulful lyrics of this song, and Tracy's voice is sooooo uniquely beautiful. Here's how my layout turned out...

Tracy sang "Fast Car" at Nelson Mandela's 70th Birthday party in 1988 and it quickly became her first hit after that. Here she is in the video for "Fast Car..."




To check in on the Top 2000 Blog party - check out Marit's blog by clicking on the Top 2000 widget in the sidebar, or clicking here.

Thanks for visiting and I will see you again tomorrow!

7 comments:

Irma said...

YES! I so relate to this song; it's still on my iTunes and gets played a lot when I'm scrappin'

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that song and LOVING what you created! JUST WOW!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

McMGrad89 said...

One of my favorite songs. Glad you chose it, i love your page.

Marit said...

Great song - I have some good memories on this one! - and a great layout!!!

anne g-i said...

i've always loved this song! your car and sun are so darn cute!!!

phinner said...

can I just spend one evening in your brain wallowing in your creative proces?! or maybe just spend an evening with you cropping?!

I'm really enjoying everyone's work at the Musical Blog Party, and I look forward to yours especially for your bold graphics and use of color. everything you make is sooo happy!!!

Glenda T. said...

I loooveee your art journal page Michelle and I totally remember that song too!! She had a few good ones but that one was amazing!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and will also have a happy New Year!