Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holiday Journal - December 5, 6 & 7...

Hello and happy Wednesday! I'm happy to have more holiday journal pages to share with you today! Starting with December 5, here we go...

I had the buttons on here but they seemed a bit plain - then I saw this tutorial at Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's blog and ta da! Beaded buttons... (Thanks Diane & Julie for the inspiration!)



Photo of the advent calendar taken from the gypsy girls blog here. I sooooo want to make something like this for next year!...

The little ATC came with a new pair of boots I got on this day. It says "peace, love & happiness" so of course I had to include it!!!




I tried a lomo photo effect in my new photoshop program for this picture...


this was my first attempt at using a transparent photo overlay. It's kinda hard to tell in the picture, but it looks a little like sparkly lights over the top of the photo...

Our christmas shopping list, full of pen scratchings, highlighting and various other doodles, is tucked inside the mini envelope. Behind that is our to do list for all the holiday things that are not complete yet...

this cute little Santa outfit was given to me by my friend Lorena and I've been waiting for the right opportunity to use it! Thanks Lorena!



In other news, we are extending the current Scrapping The Music challenge one more week to give more people a chance to play along during the hectic holiday season! Come on over and check it out! We'd love to have you play along!!!

Take care and thanks for visiting! I will see you again soon!!!

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are AMAZING Michelle!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all the details, and loving the one with the Santa suit! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deb said...

Your pages are creative and artistic and inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing. May I ask, what kind of white pen you use? It looks like it works really well, and I've not been able to find a good one.

chris a said...

I am really enjoying your holiday pages, and thanks so much for the link to the Advent calendar tutorial - I have been making some of the Tim Holtz tags, and this project will work perfectly with that. Rather than use ceiling tile, I have some foam board that will be perfect, and I will probably use canvas that I have on hand rather than burlap - as you can see, I am super excited to do this. Thanks again and have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I love the addition of the beads to your buttons! Your journal is fabulous too, you always use color so well!

Marit said...

Again an inspiring blogpost stuffed with marvelous pages made by a true artist! Aaaahhh... your pages are gorgeous!!!

Hanneke said...

WOW Michelle, I love them!!

milkcan said...

Holy awesome! Love, love, love the beaded buttons!

Michelle said...

Wow, awesome pages! I love your style of hand writing!
Kind regards from Poland!

Chicken Soup said...

Awesome JYC Pages, great style and I spent ages playing with your virtual cat! (much to the amusement of my real cat who wondered where the sounds were coming from)

scrapwordsmom said...

What DARLING work!! Truly!!! I am taking the Art Journaling Everyday Blog and am trying to visit all the blogs that are, too. I will be back here for sure. Good stuff!! Makes me want to create!

Leslie

Didi said...

WOW what wonderful eye candy!! I am doing the Art Journal Every Day challenge and want to see ALL the cool pages and learn ALL the techniques....already I can tell I have SO much to learn. You are so creative!!!