Sunday, December 26, 2010

Top 2000, Day Two!

For day two of the Top 2000 Party, I picked "Big Yellow Taxi" by The Counting Crows, which comes in this year at #1693. Here's how my layout turned out...
I painted the background, and then created the tree from woodgrain contact paper; and the birds and other elements were done with colored pencil on white cardstock, cut out and glued on.

This is a song written and originally done by Joni Mitchell (and I think her version is also on the list somewhere); but the Counting Crows cover is my favorite! Here's the video:




If you want more info on the Top 2000, check out Marit's blog here! Thanks for visiting and I will see you tomorrow with the Top 2000 countdown day three!

7 comments:

Marit said...

And yet another gorgeous layout (and song!) by one of my fave artists! Thanks dear, keep 'm coming!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS Michelle!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the scenery! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

McMGrad89 said...

I love it. It reminds me of something I drew a long time ago. I love yours better, though.

Tamarra said...

i love your stuff, your blog is one of my favorites to check

Michelle Gautreaux said...

beautiful as always!!!
i love that song as well!
just stopping by to say HI!!!

anne g-i said...

i love this version of the song too! love how vibrant your colors are - looks like he is sitting in a cartoon.

Thinkie said...

fab!