Saturday, December 25, 2010

Top 2000 Party - Day One!

It's time for the Netherlands Top 2000 Party!!!! I played along with Marit last year and it was so much fun I just had to join in again! The way it works is like this. There is a Netherlands Radio Station that publishes a list every year of the "Top 2000 Songs of All Time," and then for one week they count down that list on the radio. So, for each day of the countdown, I am going to join Marit by creating a layout inspired by one of the songs that will be played that day. I add the following additional guidelines for myself...

1. The layout is about the song itself (as opposed to something about my life that is "inspired" by the song) if that makes sense...

2. The artist must be represented on the layout in some way...

So, here we go!

For day one, I went back to my childhood and chose "I Want You Back" by the Jackson Five! I just loved the groovy vibe that the "J5" had back then and tried to represent that in my layout...

I drew the words onto a photo of the J5, cut them out, and then glued them to a piece of groovy handmade paper. The outlining is done with poster paint sharpies.

Here's a video of them singing "I Want You Back" on their first appearance on American Bandstand...



To check out the party, and see what everyone else did, click here to go to Marit's blog!

See you tomorrow for day two of the Top 2000!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooooo awesome Michelle!!! LOVE IT! Merry Christmas! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Fun! One of my favorites too! I love how you made the letters with their images in them. Really clever!

Marit said...

Merry, merry Chrismas to you and your loved ones dear one!!! And yeaaaahhhh.... we're on our way with the top 2000! Awesome, that you play along every day! I have the radio (top 2000) playing on my blog, so you can 'follow'. I love this page about the J5 Michelle!!! Brings back happy memories indeed!

donna!ee said...

WOW! i too enjoy turning lyrics and Scripture into journal pages... thank you much for sharing! ;)