Sunday, March 11, 2012

One Little Word - January Prompts

I've been working some more on my One Little Word Album. This week I finished the prompts for January, which included coming up with some words and images that fit with my word - "Peace."

Here's how my two pages turned out...
The peace sign is cut from the patterned paper, so that the background shows through. Then the middle pieces were glued back on. The bottom right is watercolors and spray ink on watercolor paper, topped with a dictionary definition.


For the right side, I took a couple of magazine images that evoked my word to me...

What I love about this project is that it is keeping me connected to my word. For February and March, we are to gather images and take actions, so I will be doing them both at the same time to catch up. I am looking forward to sharing the results with you!

Did you know Cocoa Daisy is having a blog hop party?! They've redesigned their site and to celebrate they are having giveaways at each blog on the hop. Each stop also has a card sketch, which I have been having a lot of fun with. I'm in need of cards, so I am going to see how many I can complete. Click here to go to the start of the hop.

Thanks for visiting and I will see you again soon!

7 comments:

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

Hey Michelle,
Did you write those words with your own handwriting? I love how it turned out and the handwriting looks beautiful!!

Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Hi Leintje!
Thanks for your compliment on my handwriting - yes that is how I write. I'm glad you like it. :0)

Dara Lynn said...

these prompts are great!!! I sometimes get stuck like Chuck and this just brings so much clarity! Thanx for sharing Michelle:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeee these Michelle!! LOVING the peace symbol and loveeeeee the photos!!

dawn said...

Michelle, these are beautiful pages, love the blue one and how calm it is. The second one does remind me of peace and happiness. You are doing so well on these prompts. Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

Thanks so much for the blog love, always good to hear from you. I love when movies inspire me. Just wish I could get those swooshes just right, lol
Enjoy your week and sending peaceful wishes your way!

Kim said...

Very cool idea! Love you One Little Word:)
~Kim

Patricia Roebuck said...

Michelle, if you do a card, I have to see it. I don't think I've seen one of your cards. I love your album the way it coming out. Using pictures that evoke the word and the feeling is such a good idea. It's beautiful!