Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What I Am by Will.I.Am at STM...

If you have not heard the song that Will.I.Am did for Sesame Street - you've got to check it out! I don't have any small children, but I happened upon it on youtube.com and I fell in love with it instantly!!! It's the song of the week at Scrapping The Music!

Here's the art journal page I created for the challenge...
There are so many good lines in this song, it was hard to choose what I wanted to do! In the end, I decided I wanted to do a playful page that expresses who I am, and my art journal seemed like the best place to do that! I played around with my favorite colors and patterns, and used gesso to include my own handprints. This was a lot of fun!

Come on over and check out the challenge! We'd love to have you play along with us!!!

6 comments:

dawn said...

WOW WOW WOW Michelle, you are awesome!! I LOVE this, ALL OF IT!! Look at the bright colors and all that tape you used, WOW!!

Great sentiment on it and your writing is always so neat and pretty!!

This is my new favorite page of yours. Frame it and hang it up I say!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo hoping to play along this week!!! Anything with ELMO gets my vote!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee your page!!! So bright and happy!!! GORGEOUS Michelle!

Dara Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing such a fun-tastic page! I am always drawn to the bright colors and process you do when creating. I am such a sucker for scallops and adore the top border...so perfect and playful.

Elizabeth said...

I absolutely love this page! The background is wonderful and everything comes together so nicely!

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

OOO your work looks always so bright and happy, wonderful job!! I love the new song to create with!!
Can we do some song from Dolly Parton, that is one of my favorites!

I am always in a hurry, because of my busy work, so I often late with my Lo, but this time I already have some great ideas. My Lo will follow soon!

Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*

Patricia Roebuck said...

You even have your handprint on there? I just love what you did with this. The stamping, the colors and bits of paper...your writing always amazes me...beautiful!