Monday, March 19, 2012

Pearl Jam gets Spiritual at Scrapping The Music...

This week's song at Scrapping the Music is "Just Breathe" by one of my all-time favorite bands - "Pearl Jam." I loved this song from the first time I heard it.

This is a page from my vintage record-album journal. It fits inside one of the record sleeves...
"Just Breathe" inspires me to think about all of the little things I'm grateful for in my life. My husband Michael took this photo out of a plane window on one of our trips. I'm always mesmerized by our ability to fly over the clouds like that. It's just one example of the amazing beauty all around us.

The background is done with red maya mist sprayed through the hole in the record sleeve, collaged tissue paper layers, neocolor II crayons and a china marker.

Come on over and play along with us - we'd love to have you! Click here to go to the challenge, hear the song and see what the other design team members created!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

This is a beautiful page. I love it.

Patricia Roebuck said...

Sprayed through the hole of an album...Michelle, this is brilliant! You know I love the warm colors too and I am always drawn to your work. Gorgeous piece!

Sharon Fritchman said...

You come up with the most amazing ideas!!! And I want to see all of your pages in your vintage record album!!!! I love the look of the sun you created and how you placed the photo and your journaling. AWESOME, Michelle!!!!!

Marit said...

I love your vibrant shiny page Michelle!

dawn said...

WOW Michelle, how do always make everything so awesome and gorgeous!! This is so sweet, love the writing you did on it. I'm reminded of the little things in my life too. I just posted my next green project and a picture of the beautiful sky out my backyard, check it out if you have time. It's amazing!!
Love seeing all your happy pages.
HUGS