Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Stevie Nicks at Scrapping The Music...

The new song at Scrapping the Music is "Leather and Lace" by Stevie Nicks and Don Henley. I've always loved this song, and it was super fun to see all the different ways the design team scrapped it for the challenge!

I ended up doing this journal page...
This lyric makes me think of the spiritual questions I have had over the last year, and it was the perfect chance to write about them. I covered the journaling with translucent paint, and then built my page up from there. My fave thing was using tissue paper to fill in the painted circles.

Come on over and play along! We would love to have you! Click here to go to the challenge.

I also want to mention how excited I am to see the new challenge that Nat Kalbach and Julie Fei-Fan Balzer have created. It's called "The 2nd Floor Challenge," and it's about challenging yourself to step outside your comfort zone creatively, and not care if you flop big time! HA. Just to enjoy the process. I NEED THIS RIGHT NOW. I've been feeling sort of in a rut creatively, and this will be a great chance to try some new things! The first challenge goes up sometime today! Check it out here. I've also got a widget in my sidebar that will stay there, so you can click there too.

I hope you are enjoying your week so far! I am finishing up last week's Project Life so I should be able to post that tomorrow.

8 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Michelle! I can't imagine YOU in a creative rut!!!LOL!! Anyway, I love your journal page for this week's challenge and how you wrote about spirituality! So wonderful!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AMAZING Michelle!! I loveeeeee how you did the journaling underneath everything ....and loving the colors!! Nat and Julie are amazing!! Have fun with their challenge!

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your page! I also really love that song. Hope to play along this week.

dawn said...

WOW Michelle, I love that song and love this page. Your so creative and fun I can't imagine you being in a rut. The new challenge with Julie and Nat should be fun and I'm hoping to join when I can. It's so awesome that they are putting themselves out there for us.
I just caught up in my PL and am so loving it this week. Funny that you fall in love with it over and over, the excitment never goes away. So glad your doing PL also, I tried to think outside the box a little bit this week. I will never have all the extras you do but it's a start,lol

Enjoy your week, we have spring weather all week. YIPPEEE!!

dawn said...

I forgot to mention, thanks for the tip on the tissue paper. I will have to try this, the effect it has looks awesome!! Love thse colors also.

Patricia Roebuck said...

Julie and Nat together? I will be checking that out. Thank you for sharing. Michelle, I had no idea you journaled so much on the background. So much depth and meaning. I hope it felt good to do this because the details, your writing and colors are beautiful!

phinner said...

these colors make me think of spring!!! gorgeous work as usual!

Elizabeth said...

Great page! I especially love the colorful circles interacting with the other collage elements. It really turned out fantastic!