Friday, March 30, 2012

Project Life - Week of March 19 - 25, 2012: Keeping it Simple...

I've seen a lot of people around the web posting that they are falling behind on their Project Life. Some are even quitting. I feel your pain. This project does get to be pretty darn time consuming, especially if you have other projects you are also trying to do. This past week I fell behind too, and so, in trying to catch up, I kept it simple. Hardly any embellishing. Just photos and patterned paper. I must say I still love how it turned out!

Here's the full spread. I used my Cocoa Daisy "By The Numbers Kit for the base this week...


Left side...
I have discovered that it's quicker for me to have one card where I highlight the events of the week, rather than embellishing each photo with detailed info.


And here's the right side...
The middle right image is one of my favorites from Maxfield Parrish, who is listed as my favorite artist on the card right next to it on the left. We visited daughter Becca and her boyfriend Chad on Saturday and I forgot to take a pic (doh!); so I just used a pic of them from awhile ago.

I saved a lot of time this week, and now I am keyed up for this week!

5 comments:

Patricia Roebuck said...

I agree. It is time consuming. I am feeling that I would rather spend my energy on a layout or other project. Michelle, if you hadn't said you cut back on embellishments, I would have never known! This is so rich and colorful, lots of detail! I am still going too. I think you have to think "not pretty" when working on this. And then you do it, and it does look pretty, but with less effort, gotta love that!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeee these pages!! And I am happy that you are keeping up with yours!! I love seeing them! And to answer your question about the little clips on my lo from yesterday... they were plain wood and I misted them blue! Thanks for the love on my bloggy Michelle!

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

Youre pages always looks so bright and happy, I love that!! Always fun to see your art work!!

Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*

dawn said...

This looks great Michelle, it's still full of color and happiness and goodies. Your simple is still stunning. I still don't know how you manage to do all you do in a week. It is sad to hear that some people quit and get discouraged. I wish to show them that it can be done and not every week has to be perfect nor should it be. I have fallen behind before and really try hard not to let get past 2 weeks, learned this the hard way. My 2010 has some gaps in it but I got over it and still love that year and all the things that I did put in it.
Making this a weekly theme for me has made it more fun and doable for me. No more stress everyday to get that photo.

Keep it up Michelle you are an inspiration to us all.

phinner said...

I finally have time for some blog hoppin'/commenting!

simple? eeek! lol!!! I would so never be able to keep up with this. I may have made it 30 days...ok, not even that!

I look forward to more! the tiny documentation is tempting, but definitely for me more for viewing and admire!