Monday, September 28, 2009

My Fave Room Layout...

I finished my layout for the current "my fave room" challenge at "These are a Few of my Favorite Things" blog, just in the nick of time! The due date is tomorrow! I had so much fun with this...I used the June Studio Calico kit, plus some Slate Glimmer mist, and an old paint brush. The journaling reads:

"My favorite room in our house is my scraproom, aka art studio, aka happy place. I've always dreamed of having my own studio, and now, finally, that dream has come true! It's got everything I need to create all day."

Here's a closeup view...

and speaking of Studio Calico, the reveal for the October kit was today and it's fantastic! It just might be my favorite kit yet! And the add-ons are all equally fantastic! I love the bright colors and fun extras, and the touch of whimsy! Click here to take a look!

I'm excited about the new sketch that's going up at the TATS blog on October 1st - it's a fun one! I hope you come over and check it out - only a few more days to wait!

Now, I'm off to start my next project which is a layout for Scrapping The Music. I will be back tomorrow with another update - thanks soooooo much for stopping by!!! It really makes my day!

12 comments:

chris a said...

I have loved your studio since I first saw the photos, and now to see how you did this layout - well, it's just awesome! I love the paintbrush - it's such a perfect touch. You have such a fabulous color sense and it really shows in this layout! thanks so much for playing along with us at TAAFOMFT.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I swear to the Mother of All Things Crafty...Michelle....I blink...U amaze me YET AGAIN!!!! HOLY SMOKES BATGIRL!!!! This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo FLIPPIN' COOL!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the photo, the colors....and the added PAINTBRUSH.....HOLY WOWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooooo MUCH for playing along with us! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

phinner said...

well, who could post a good comment after Julie!? hee!!!

Michelle, I love all the attention you paid to details: the misting, the graduated turquoise dots, the outlined white dots, the bakers twine holding the paint brush on the page, and most especially that paintbrush, the perfect embellishment to such a crafty layout!

great work!!! : .)

sarah said...

this is gorgeous!!!! I LOVE this layout!!! absolutely stunning!!! love the brush!

thanks for playing with us!

hugs to you,
sarah.

Anonymous said...

so fun!

Marlies said...

This is so great! Wonderful, eye candy!

erinrwillis said...

Love the paintbrush, those squares, the big pink accent!! Such a fun page!

Anonymous said...

This is so wonderful Michelle..just love your studio!!Beautiful layout...it's happy all over..love the colors,your design and that paintbrush is awesome!
Thank you so much for joining us!

Deana said...

This is just SOOOOO CUTE! I ♥ the cute color combo, the paintbrush, the design & your great craft room! Fantastic! :-)

Thanks so much for joining us!

:-)

Jenneke said...

WOW, wonderful layout!!!
LOVE the paintbrush and all details!
Thanks so much for playing along with us!

XXXJenneke

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*just sayin*.....U better be visiting FAVE THINGS blog today! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marit said...

Breathtaking.... it really is!