Sunday, September 13, 2009

Another Fave Things Layout...

I had so much fun creating this layout for the Fave Things blog! The challenge was to scrap your favorite food, which for me is Michael's handmade burritos! I used to love to go to Mexican Restaurants, but none of them compare to my hubby's creations! One of the best parts about making this layout is that I didn't actually have any photos of his burritos, so I had to take some, which meant I got to eat the burrito afterwards!!! Yeayyyy! Anyhoo, here's how it turned out...I used the June Studio Calico kit, and what was fun was that I used almost all scrap pieces that were already cut - I just layered them! The title is hand-painted (I know it's pretty obvious - because it's so imperfect! - LOL!) with a mix of blue gouache and Making Memories teal paint, which I outlined with a sharpie.

Here's a closeup of the little metal frame from the kit...

So much fun! and speaking of Studio Calico, the sneaks for the October kit are up tonight! Yeayyy! You can see on the countdown clock in the sidebar just how long there is to wait. From the clues I've seen so far, it looks like this might be the best one yet! Lots of bright orange and lime green, pom pom trim and new Sassafras!!! Yeayyyyy!

The Wake Me Up slide show is up over at Scrapping The Music - check it out here! There is lots of beautiful work to see! And be sure to check back over there later tonight for the new song - it's a good one!

Okay, I'm off to start another project. Next on my list is to do a challenge! I just have to figure out which one....

Have a fabulous Sunday and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this Michelle!!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the colors....and soooooooooooooooo want one of Michael's burritos now!!!!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooo MUCH for playing along with us! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

phinner said...

tee hee hee!!! now I want burritos too!!! LOLOL!

love the lo! ditto Julie's comment!

Lyn said...

you have a really great style! i love your pages!