Friday, September 4, 2009

P is for Plan and I Feel Spoiled!

I finished my next page in my "A Year In The Life of an Art Journal," and I am excited to share it with you! Before I do that tho, I want to say a HUGE THANKS to my friends Marit and Julie, who sent me awesome happy mail this week!

Marit sent me this wonderful birthday greeting! The cow postcard from Holland is so cute (how did you know I love cows?!) and check out the fun and funky Dutch Windmill Fabric, and adorable trim! Thank you Marit - you totally made my day!!!

Awhile ago Julie Fei-Fan Balzer posted on her blog that she had some extra art-type goodies to get rid of, and I was so excited to win a set of acrylic paints from her! They came this week - look at this huge beautiful set of acrylics! I can't wait to try them out!


and then, I was SO EXCITED that she included a set of her patterned papers!!!!! They aren't available anywhere in the US!!! My photo doesn't do justice to the gorgeous colors of these papers...

and look at the other sides - are these not some of the most gorgeous papers ever!?! EEEK! I can't wait to create something with them...
She also sent me some scrappy goodies - like prima flowers and other embellies. Thanks so much Julie!

So, on to my next alphabetical Art Journal entry. The prompt for the letter P is "Plan." Here's what I came up with...
Materials used include a magazine image, patterned paper, 7 gypsies gaffer tape, Love, Elsie alpha stickers, purple oil crayon, MAMBI polka-dot tab.

Here in the U.S., we have Labor Day on Monday, so that means a long weekend for me, and I plan to scrap the weekend away! Yeayyyyy! My fave kind of weekend!

I hope your weekend is fabulous! I will be back tomorrow with another update - Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

Mrs Pretzel said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Thanks so much for sharing!! LOVE the amazing patterned papers you got! I bet that was an AWESOME mail open!!

Anonymous said...

Wow great Happy mail! Love those gorgeous papers!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

amazing goodies in the mail. love the journal page!!

Marit said...

Your journal page is awesome, as always. I'm glad you like my "happy mail" and the papers you got from Julie are marvelous, will be hard to choose which side you're gonna use! Love them all!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the "P" page...WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!! And wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww THAT is SOME COOL HAPPY MAIL!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jamie Dougherty (jaylynn) said...

How lucky are you?!?!?! I love the PP that is so perfect!! And fits your style perfectly!!! you lucky Girl. Hugs Jamie

Glenda T. said...

I always love seeing your journal pages Michelle and those papers are amazing!!!! I love that orange one with the bubble wrap print!!