Monday, September 21, 2009

ScrapFest ScrapFest Rah Rah Rah!

ScrapFest 2009 is over and I am home and feeling very inspired! Let me give you a little overview in case you've never heard of it before...

ScrapFest is a HUGE annual festival, held at the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota. It starts on Thursday night with a Cropping Event. Then Friday, Saturday and Sunday are filled with TONS of Vendor booths, each one offering a free "make and take" project. There are also optional classes that you can sign up for, more cropping parties (each night) and plenty of scrapbook shopping to do. It's a madhouse for sure, but it's a lot of fun!

Here Lynn, Christina and I are, having our picture taken in the "World's Largest Scrapbook Page..."
and here are a few highlights from the make and take booths. I think my favorite project was this spiral notebook made at the Reminisce booth. We got to pick which critter we wanted (click here to see the selection)...

The American Crafts booth had the project that actually inspired me to go and buy the products. The card on the left was the make and take. Very simple, but it introduced me to the "Blue Skies" line, which I totally fell in love with! The stuff on the right is what I bought from the line...

Here's a cute little halloween chipboard mini. I don't scrapbook halloween stuff, but I think it will be fun to find a creative way to use it...

I made this adorable project at the Zutter/Teresa Collins booth. I love that red houndstooth! The album has a sports theme, which is another one that I have absolutely no use for, since I don't watch or participate in sports, but I already have ideas of how to adapt it for a different theme...

This was the card we got to make at the Doodlebug booth. It's super sparkly in real life...

and that is just a few of the many FREE make and take projects we did!

I also signed up for four of the optional classes, and I liked those even better! They cost extra, but there is no standing in line for them!!! And a really fun thing is that you always get lots of free extra stuff. The four classes I took were - one layout class by Basic Grey, one card-making class by Basic Grey, and a mini-album each from Hambly and Little Yellow Bicycle. I can't even tell you which was my favorite because they were all fabulous. You don't have time in class to finish the projects tho - so that will be a whole nother post once I'm done.

That's it for today - I hope your weekend was wonderful! I will be back tomorrow a Project 365 update. Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

phinner said...

hi michelle!!!

what a fun event to attend!!!

gorgeous work too! you've inspired me!!!

can't wait to see what you make with the bleu sky line : .)

have a gud week!!!

Marit said...

So you had a blast, girl! LOVE the summary and the things you show and can't wait to see your other projects once they're finished!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!! loveeeeeeeeeee that photo in the world's largest scrap page..and loving the little deer on the notebook...cute cute cute!!!!!!! Looks like U had a blast! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Denise said...

Ha! I love that giant scrap page. That is wonderful. I steered clear of the MOA, but seeing your photos and reading your words makes me feel I missed out. I am glad you had fun!