Saturday, September 12, 2009

Free to Create All Weekend...

It's Saturday, the cats are here with me, Michael is upstairs working on a project and it's one of those wonderful days where there is nothing that has to get done. I love having the freedom to just create all day! Last night we stayed up until after 4:30 am just working on projects. I did some things I can't share just yet, and a few things I can.

Here's a Thank You Card I made with a combination of the July and August Studio Calico kits...I just love those big, bold Sassafras Alphabet stickers. I outlined them with a sharpie so they would stand out a little more against the red cardstock. In the middle is some 7 Gypsies gaffer tape, and the green paper on the bottom is a Studio Calico exclusive.

I'm really enjoying my morning and evening art journaling ritual. I like taking the time to play with the process, and having these random, messy, but personal pages in amongst the other ones, makes me feel anchored, like I'm getting back to what I want my art journal to be - a snippet of my life - right now. (click to see details)

The quote at the bottom of the page reads:

"I discovered that if I exercise and have my spiritual time in the morning, I have more energy and a positive attitude all day. Some days I'd rather sleep in, but I have made a commitment to myself to go proudly and healthfully into my fifties. It's a good beginning for me." ~Alexis Todd

Here's another page that's just in the beginning stages...


so now I'm off to start another project. Next on my beloved list is the current challenge at the "favorite things" blog - Scrap your favorite food! I know just what I'm going to do....

I will be back tomorrow with another update - Have a fabulous Saturday and thanks so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

bethchien said...

I love it all..especially that kick a@@ card! AWESOME, girl!
B

liz mataraza said...

i loooove your style, chick! great stuff :)

casey boyd said...

Great projects! Love that bold card.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

this is gorgeous!!!

Marit said...

I love to see your begin-pages Michelle! I do like to look at pictures of the process... and I'm sure it'll "grow" into something beautiful again!!!

Christiane said...

you're so free and artsy!! love that!! :))

Thinkie said...

great card and pages!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVE that CARD....and sooooooooooooooooooo LOVING the art pages.....and YAY for FAVE THINGS! :):):):):):):):):):):):)