Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Conclusion to the Top 2000 Challenge...

It's the last day of Marit's "Top 2000" challenge! The song I chose to scrap for today is one of the all-time greatest songs ever (in my opinion) - "Imagine" by John Lennon, which comes in at #41...

For this layout I painted a watercolor rainbow background onto white cardstock; and then whitewashed over the top with gesso to soften the colors and add texture. The dove was drawn onto white cardstock and then layered for dimension. I happened to have some sparkly copper colored vines, so I cut off a little piece for the dove to carry. The lyrics are written with a fine point journaling pen.

The message seems the perfect way to start a new year. Enjoy the video...




Thanks so much to my friend Marit for hosting this week-long musical party! It's been so much fun!

I've learned some things during this challenge that will carry over to Scrapping The Music. In the past, I've always picked which songs I will scrap for our challenge blog, based on if I can envision the lyrics applying to my life - thus giving me a page to scrap about. Now I'm thinking I can scrap any song I love! I can scrap about the song itself! Yeayyyy! I love those little a-ha moments!

Speaking of Scrapping The Music, you've still got a few more days to play along with our Christmas Vacation challenge! We need more players and we'd love to have you join us!

Have a wonderful New Year's Eve my friends! Be safe and I will see you in 2010!

7 comments:

sarah said...

GORGEOUS!!!! seriously, this blows me away! :)

anyway, hope you have a wonderful NYE... here's to a great year in 2010!

hugs,
s.

Marit said...

It's fantastic that you played and learned something along the way too... it's the same for me, I learned to "not think too much" - even in art journaling I take time. Because I had to make a page every day, I had to scrap faster... and I can do that! And yes, also, it can be about the song itself... aren't we lucky gals to end/start the year this way!!! Hope you have a marvelous new years eve and a healthy and creative 2010!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Michelle!! this is my all time fave fave fave fave song ever!!! and i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee what u created with it!!! wow wow wow!!! that dove is amazing!!!!!!! rip john!!!!! Happy New Year Michelle!!! Love u! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Michelle...i love this song too!!And a very great song to begin the new year with!
Love those colors on this one,that dove is awesome!
So happy I have met you this year!
Wishing you a happy and healthy new year with lots of everthing wonderful!Hugs,Jeanet

Denise said...

A fantastic song, and a beautiful LO to go with. Yes, I had a similar revelation...so many songs that I can apply to my life, or just scrap the lyrics and find a moment that fits ;) Perhaps I will join you at STM in 2010!

Have a great, SAFE New Year!

lisa truesdell said...

love this so much - you've created a wonderful collection of art!

Kelly said...

Stunning Michelle!
Hope you have a very Happy New Year!