Sunday, December 27, 2009

Continuing the Top 2000 Countdown with James Morrison...

I had so much fun making this layout - I'm a huge James Morrison fan so it was awesome to see "Wonderful World" on the Top 2000 Countdown list. It comes in at #1234. This layout is my contribution to the December 27th edition of the Netherlands Top 2000 songs of all time countdown...

For the background I used Peerless Watercolors on Watercolor paper, and then added salt to give it a spotty effect. The photo came from a free desktop wallpaper I found on the internet.

It's been really fun looking a little deeper into the songs for this week's challenge. I was researching the meaning behind Wonderful World, and I found it in this video. Turns out it's an empathic song he wrote for a deaf man he met on a bus. Check out the video below, where he explains it and then performs an awesome version of the song...




Thank you to Marit again for hosting this week-long inspirational challenge! Don't forget to check out all the layouts for today at Marit's blog - click here!

I will be back tomorrow with my contribution for December 28th. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

6 comments:

Marit said...

Awesome again Michelle! And oh... yes... I forgot about the salt (you used that before) Have to write that down and REMEMBER IT! I LOVE the effect!!!! And thanks again for your "behind the song expanation"! That's so special!

mandysea said...

extraordinary!! Love love love your background!!

mborrero said...

cool that you printed that picture!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an AMAZING page and AN AMAZING story of where the song came from.....GORGEOUS Michelle! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

MirjamC said...

WONDERFUL page and a great song!!!! love that background, really awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Really love that background Michelle!Ha salt..have to know everything about that;)
Love the meaning of this song,it's beautiful!