Thursday, December 10, 2009

Gypsy Girl Journal Beginnings...

I just love starting a new journal! It feels like a new adventure is just beginning! This is a journal I altered awhile ago for a Next Step Challenge, (I posted it then too) but I haven't done anything with it until now. It will be my December Art Journal. Here's the cover...


and here's my Prompt-A-Day entry for December 9:
For the inside pages, I glued about five pages together at a time (with glue stick) to make them about the thickness of cardstock. I removed pages randomly throughout, to adjust for the thickness of the finished entries. It's hard to see here, but the painted backgrounds are transparent enough to still see the print coming through, and I love that!

I discovered a new challenge blog tonight called Scrap A Tale, and the amazingly talented Kimberly Garafalo is the guest designer this month. She's got a really fun challenge posted, with a prize full of Sassafras goodness! Check it out here!

That's it for today, but I will be back tomorrow for another update. Thanks so much for visiting!

10 comments:

Nicole said...

I love your new journal! :) It's very inspiring, Michelle!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

love the page and your journal cover!!!

Marit said...

I remember that journal cover (did my "leonard Cohen cover" for the same challenge over at the next step) It's gorgeous! I love the effect of the text shimmering through... I hope your new journal will be filled with lots of goodness and amazing pages too (but I don't have worries about that at all!) Have a great weekend Michelle!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this Michelle!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the journaling...sooooooooooo glad U know that peace was there!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

lisa dickinson said...

gorgeous journal - what a work of art!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the cover!! And your page, great topic! Its so true!!

Nan said...

Hi Michelle..I love your new old book cover. I'm still doing Prompt A day but had to be away from my studio for a while. I read your post about painting all the pages ahead of time and had a V8 moment! Duh! Why didn't I think of that???So I have all my pages painted now and can get back on track. Always enjoy your blog. TFS so much goodness!

liz mataraza said...

love it! you're so artistic. :)

mandysea said...

Coolio!!! Just love the colour on the cover!!! andyou page is stunning ...love that journalling!!
You sooooo rock!!

Unknown said...

your journal pages are so awesome Michelle. You totally inspire. :)