Friday, December 18, 2009

I'm Dipping My Toes Into The Gutter...

I'm SO EXCITED and HONORED!!! I was asked to be an "Honorary Gutter Girl" at the Gutter Girlz Challenge blog in March! This is going to be super fun!
You've probably heard of the Gutter Girlz, but just in case you haven't - it's a challenge blog with an "edge." They "take you places scrapbooking normally doesn't" with their challenges, and I am so excited to be going along with them on a paper adventure! I will keep you posted about the exact date in March - I hope you want to play along! And a huge THANK YOU to my awesomely talented friend Glenda Tkalac for inviting me!

The next thing I want to share with you is my layout for the December sketch at the TATS blog. TATS is currently on hiatus, so the December sketch wasn't posted, but I want to share my layout with you anyways! I had so much fun with it...
I used Ashley Wren's "Rainbow Sushi" papers for the first time, and the layout practically made itself! I love the uniqueness of her paper line! Along with that I used lots of orange buttons from my stash I got from my sweet friend Penny, and some dictionary paper!

Hopefully, TATS will be back soon.

Last, but not least, I am still playing catch up with my art journal pages from Kelly's class!

December 13...

and December 14. Sometimes I have a hard time letting go of my job at the end of the work day, so I skipped the prompt for this day, and made this for therapeutic reasons...

I hope your Friday has been fabulous! I will be back tomorrow with another update - thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

sarah said...

congrats!!!! you are totally on a roll, michelle!

and again, glad to have you on our team! :)

happy weekend!

hugs,
sarah.

Marit said...

OHMYOHMYOHMY... your uniqueness and creativeness is finally paying (it was recognized long before that dear!) and it's no wonder all the good things come your way! Gutter Girlz, yes of course I heard/visited that blog (never played though) You'll do a fabulous job!!! Love your pages and your hubby calling the clothes "sattelite" made me smile! Have a nice weekend!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh total congrats on the GDT spot michelle!!! I knew glenda was one smart woman!! lol! :) loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your sushi page and loving the journal pages! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

chris a said...

congrats on the GDT spot - you have such a unique and colorful style I always love to see your creations - and these 2 pages and layout are no exception. I especially love the clothes page. Have a great weekend!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for coming by the SC blog...I'm sure I have a few of your ATCs in that box!!!

Sweet Peripety said...

LOVEEEE your work. i love seeing it in the sc gallery. amazing! hey and congrats on the new gig!!

Glenda T. said...

I'm so glad you said yes Michelle because I just love your style. You know everything you make just makes me smile!! Love the layout and the journal pages are a visual feast for the eyes!!