Monday, December 28, 2009

More Fun with the Top 2000 Countdown - Drops of Jupiter...

The Countdown continues in the Netherlands of the Top 2000 songs of all time. My pick out of today's songs is "Drops of Jupiter" by Train. (click to see the details) It comes in at #1067...
The image of the prince was taken from the album cover. I love how he is holding a dove.

I totally thought this song was about a woman who left a relationship to find herself, but I was wrong. I found out that it was inspired by a dream Pat Monahan had after the death of his mother. Here's a video where he explains it...



Knowing that made this video I found all the more special...



I wish you a fantastic Monday my friends! I will be back tomorrow with yet another Top 2000 layout! Thanks so much for visiting and for your comments! They really mean a lot to me!

12 comments:

Marit said...

I so love your take on this one! The little prince with the dove, staring into the universe.... so mystical and dreamy... with that text! Knowing the story makes it even more special.

Anonymous said...

Wow...Michelle,love this!love the explanation too,just like you I thought it was about an ending relationship...love this song even more now,I almost did this one to ;)
Love all the tecnhniques,the colors and that boy..gorgeous!

mandysea said...

My gosh..fab explanation!! Your lo is just stunning! Love our little clouds and stars with such fun techniques!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh wow wow wow.....I had no idea the song was about that....wowwwwwwww.....i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this michelle!!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the dove, the stars and the clouds!!! AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Denise said...

Gorgeous, and I love how you are finding out the story behind each of these songs. You are a treasure! <3

mborrero said...

Thanks for sharing

namaste
Melina

living, creating, and appreciating
~my blog
Daisy girl for Color Me Daisy

sarah said...

happy monday to you, michelle! :) hope you have a fantastic week (and year) ahead of you!

hugs,
sarah.

jacque4u2c said...

I echo every ones comments! Just fab!

Stéphanie said...

Michelle, this is absolutely gorgeous, and always so creative !

diana albright said...

love this, michelle!

lisa truesdell said...

lovelovelove. esp the clouds!!

Nan said...

This was such a pretty page...I really enjoyed the background info. TFS! Love this song!