Friday, December 25, 2009

Counting Down The Top 2000 With the Netherlands...

I've always said that music is a universal connection, and today I really feel it. It gave me shivers to go to Marit's blog today and see all the beautiful artwork from people all over the world - all connected by music.

My contribution for today is #1939 on the top 2000 list. It's "Suddenly I See" by K.T. Tunstall...

I picked this song because - well first of all I love it, but I also love that it makes me think of all the women that have inspired me, and I love that. From what I've read, K.T. wrote this song about Punk Rocker Patti Smith. How cool is that?

Here's an amazing unplugged version of the song I found on youtube...



Enjoy! And don't forget to head on over to Marit's blog to see everyone's work!

Merry Christmas everyone! I will be back tomorrow to share the next song! Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Marit said...

I heard this song on the radio this afternoon (I was extra focused of course, 'cause I know you scrapped it) and it gave me goosebumps indeed! (especially knowing "the story behind it") and this video does the same again... LOVE that you're playing along. THANKS FRIEND, FOR HELPING ME CONNECT THE WORLD A LITTLE BIT THROUGH MUSIC!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

waleska said...

great artwork!
merry christmas :)

Unknown said...

Love the colours and all the squares! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

PS Happy Holidays!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :):):):):):):):):):)):):):):):):):) Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that song and LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that page!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Ally said...

Ok - first of all, I LOVE KT Tunstall (but know little of her music and didn't realize this was one of her songs)! Second, I LOOOOVE this version and must go download it now. Third, you are SUCH an inspiration! I want to go scrap this idea RIGHT NOW and I have just the photo for it!

Anonymous said...

Love this song!LOve the story behind it!And I love the happy feeling of your LO!!