Sunday, December 13, 2009

Embroidery Hoop Album...

Good morning - er afternoon! It's a beautiful, quiet day at the Rydell household. The cats are in the scraproom window, and we are all watching the birds. We've already seen a female cardinal, a blue jay and a chickadee!

I have finished my embroidery hoop album - yeayyy! It was a project from my Super Fun Autumn Love class with Elsie Flannigan and Rachel Denbow! I ended up using WAY more pages than the project called for, but I am happy with the result! Figuring out how to bind it was the biggest challenge, but in the end I just used a simple ribbon, which as you will see was glued to both the front and back hoops, and then fed through each page; and it works pretty well. The subject is our family trip up to the North Shore this past fall.


The cover was the idea from the class. The inside pages are my own design. I have been saving this bright orange thrift-store doily forever, and I finally found a use for it - yeayyy!
I used my Studio Calico "Marketplace" kit for this album, which was so much fun!











I made a little pocket for memorabilia by stitching some fabric to the chipboard which I covered with patterned paper and glued into the inside back cover. As you can see I'm no seamstress, but I kinda like the imperfect look...

Working on this project made me start thinking about all the things that could be made into mini-albums! Just about anything - hmmm...

My friend Marit has decided to embark on a fun project and I've decided to play along! From December 25 - 31st, I will be making a layout based on a song from the Netherlands Radio "Top 2000," and posting each one here on my blog. Marit will also be posting them on her blog. For more on this fun project check out Marit's blogpost here. She's looking for more people to play along too!

Oh, and speaking of music, don't forget that you have an extra week to play along with the current challenge at Scrapping The Music! Check it out here!

Alrighty then, I guess that's it for today! I will be back tomorrow with my "Fave Holiday" layout as well as some Art Journal Pages. Have a fantabulous Sunday my friends and thanks SO much for visiting and for your comments! They really make me happy!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

what a FUN album!! love the orange doily...perfect touch. :)

McMGrad89 said...

This is an awesome idea. Thanks for showing the inside. I think my students would enjoy doing a book report this way!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

omygosh!!! michelle!!! this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! I am loving this!!! I am hoping to be daring enuf to try it sometime! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Michelle..that is such an awesome album...love it!
I will play along to with you and Marit!

Marit said...

This little album is fabulous!!! It's quite a challenge to scrap a round album... you did a superb job!!! And thanks for mentioning my little "top 2000 play"... already a few more ladies will play along with me! We will have a blast!!!

mandysea said...

**gasp**

SUPERB!!!!

Amazing idea!!!
xx

Thinkie said...

great album!

milkcan said...

Wow! That album is awesomepants! I love it!

Carolina said...

This is such a creative mini! I love it!